Wheelchair Service Training Package: Basic Level
Website Link: http://www.who.int/disabilities/publications/technology/wheelchair_training/en/index.html
WHO Wheelchair Service Training Package: Basic Level
The wheelchair is one of the most common assistive devices.
WHO, in partnership with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), has initiated the development of a Wheelchair service training package for different levels of personnel.
The main purpose of the training package is to develop the minimum skills and knowledge required by personnel involved in wheelchair service delivery. The training package will help to:
- increase the number of wheelchair users who receive a wheelchair which meets their needs;
- increase the number of wheelchair users who receive training in the use and maintenance of wheelchairs and how to stay healthy in a wheelchair;
- increase the number of personnel trained in basic-level wheelchair service delivery;
- improve the competencies of wheelchair service providers and therefore the quality of wheelchair service delivery and
- achieve greater integration of wheelchair service delivery into rehabilitation services.