130828 Russia report accessibility HRW
A report about problems with accessibility in Russia: Easy to Read version
Human Rights Watch
This is a report about the rights of persons with disabilities in Russia.
The report is about the problems that persons with disabilities have because things, places, and services are not accessible to them. This means that persons with disabilities find it hard
to go to places and use things and services.
The report checks if:
- Places and buildings are accessible. This means that persons with disabilities can get in and out of places easily.
- Transport is accessible. This means that persons with disabilities can easily take a bus, train, or plane.
- Persons with disabilities can have a job like anyone else.
- Shops, restaurants, and other businesses are accessible. Accessible businesses make it easy for persons with disabilities to shop there.
- Persons with disabilities can get good healthcare.
In the report, you will also read about discrimination. Discrimination is when persons with disabilities are
treated unfairly because of their disability.